Forum Thread: Which is better, a pet sitter or boarding facility?

With so many options out there many people are turning to alternative pet care options, which pet care options have you tried and why?

2 Responses

I have done both and the expense of a kennel I just can't justify when my pets are placed in cages with dogs they do not know. So now when I go away I just call one of my friends or my niece and have them stay at my house. I feel better if someone is home while I am gone any way and I believe my animals are just more at home and seem much more relaxed when I return.

They also do not smell like the kennel and I do not have to worry about them getting anything from the kennel including fleas, or kennel cough. As My oldest one is now 13 I think it's best not to stress her with all the commotion. I did have a very nice kennel I kept them at but I really paid the price for it. Having someone in my home caring for them cost less and makes me feel so much better.

Our fur babies go with us. My grandma put her dog in a doggie hotel long ago. Her dog was not treated well and was skittish and would flinch ever since. I have often watched friends pets in their homes while they took trips. It is better for the pet as the home environment is comforting during the stress of mommy and or daddy being gone.

Share Your Thoughts